2009年1月30日 星期五

Assignment 1

Nowadays we use blog or watch news on the internet a lot. I heard RSS before. But I ever use it and even don’t understand what it means. RSS is a way to subscribe to a blog. If the blog update, you will receive the information by your RSS reader and display it. It is very convenient. I have so many friends that have blog. If I want to visit so many blogs by clicking the link on the browser, it may spend a lot of time. RSS reader also shows the list of headline. I can just look at the list and choose what I think is interesting. RSS service is available on many website. We can easily subscribe to an RSS feed and also give my blog an RSS feed.

This chapter talkes a lot about blog. I use blog for a long time, and some function I already use before. In Taiwan, the most popular blog service website is wretch ( http://www.wretch.cc/ ). This website was created by few college students, and it is very useful and easy to use. So it is getting very popular. In the end Yahoo spend 22 million USD to buy the website. Like the view option function that mention in the book. The website also provides. I think it is very good. Sometimes I just want my friend to read my blog; some articles are private or particular to someone. I don’t want the public to read it. So I like this function.

I have iTunes and iPod, but I never use podcasts before. The idea is pretty similar to RSS. Different from the traditional broadcast, we don’t need to listen the program at the particular time. If any new program publishes, it will download automatically. You can listen it on your computer, even put it into your MP3. No matter what time you can enjoin the program. You can also create an own podcast. This technology is very convenient and useful.

Have you created a website before? If yes, for what purpose?
Yes, I took a website design course before. In the end I create a website about table tennis. Now I am the web maintainer of IUP and doing the website for the Health and Physical Education department.

Do you regularly visit any blogs?
Yes, I visit my friend’s blogs daily.

Do you find blogs worthwhile to visit?
Yes, I like to travel, and some blogs are focuses on introduce the travel information. So it is worthwhile to visit.

Were you familiar with RSS feeds prior to reading about them?
No, I just know there is a technology call RSS, but I have no idea about it before I read the book.

Do you subscribe to any RSS feeds?
No, but I think I will try.

Have you ever downloaded podcasts or vodcasts?
No, it is not quite popular in Taiwan, but I will try.

沒有留言:

張貼留言