2009年4月6日 星期一

Assignment 6

1.
A. Wi-Fi just stands for Wi-Fi

B. Wi-Fi is a way to replace data cables and let users to connect internet everywhere. The particular frequencies they use to transmit are unlicensed, meaning anyone can use them without having to obtain a license from the government.

2.
A. You can check the logging function which lets you see what Web sites have been accessed recently, check your computer security software and use WallWatcher, a logfiller program.

B. Hide the network.
Encrypt the network.

3.
A. That is horrible, I never think about that. Although I feel convenient if there is an open wireless connection to use, it will also run the risk of helping the crime. I think I will hide my network.

B. No, in the end the author said that no one has been charged yet. But I think we still have to prevent this situation happen. No one will be happy if the crime is happen. Especially access your internet.

4.
A. The traditional 911 service does not work.
Power and network outage.

B. Yes, actually I use Skype a lot. It really cheap! Especially for the international call.

5.
A. He declares email bankruptcy and sent the message to all the folks.

B. It must be brave enough to do that. I think I better learn how to manage my e-mail account that mention in the book to keep this situation happen.

6.
A. Don’t let spammers know you exist.
B. Don’t ever reply to a spam or click the “unsubscribe” link.
C. Don’t ever buy anything advertised via spam.

沒有留言:

張貼留言